Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Morning or Just Do It!

Paul is home today so my style has been severely cramped. Not that he has interfered or anything, after all he has been outside cutting the grass. But I doubt that he would understand the thinking processes that happen when I spread out the various projects in various states of completion to audition another border or a different setting or another fabric to include in the collection. He won't say anything but I can tell by the look on his face that he doesn't quite get it.

Take this star quilt for example.

I have always thought a piano key border would work well.









 But what color and size does the accent piece need to be? This pink dot seems to work well.
 

What about the backing? Do I use the multitude of yardage of the blue I originally bought because it was the end of the bolt and a good price? Or do I reassign it to another project?



And what about the binding? This print or that mottled blue?









It is all spread out on my "design wall", aka my bed.







Paul just came in, approved my choices, gave me a look that said "What's the problem? Just do it !". Then Mr. Nike Man walked out of the room to get some lunch. Is it the male, accountant mind or just me?

A friend says that sometimes we just over think it and that is why little of what we are capable of gets accomplished (or was that my husband).

Well lunch is over for DH. He has left to pursue some other important activity. The house is quiet again. I think I will piece that piano key border, iron out another of the three bindings sitting on my ironing board and decide which accent piece, which binding and which backing need to be put onto this quilt.

Paul doesn't know everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment