Sunday, October 28, 2012

Waiting for Sandy

Finishing up the outside stuff in preparation for Sandy's arrival as well as pressing the newly washed fabrics.  I had planned on cutting and cutting, finishing two bindings and working on a needlepoint project when the power goes out.  We have plenty of flashlights and batteries.

But guess what I got delivered from a friend of a friend today? 

A 1939 Singer Handcrank! 

I am going to name her Sandy if I get to keep it.  Right now she is on loan for the week. (last year during Irene we lost power for 5 days so I expect at least 2 days without power this year).  Who cares about what spoils in the fridge - I can finally sew in a power outage!

 
Isn't she beautiful!

 
Closed up and ready to go..
 
I almost can't wait for the power to go out - how ridiculous is that!
Now to decide on the project....

No comments:

Post a Comment