Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Street - Part 3

Easy Street is proving to be easy! I know Bonnie said it would be an easy mystery, but some how I could not quite grasp that it actually would be.

So here are pictures of the Step 3 units. 64 blocks of the unit I have seen called "Mary's Triangles". I also need to cut the four triangles of the green to complete this step. Deciding which green to use is the challenge.

Bonnie Hunter's video of working with the Easy Angle ruler and her pictures of assembling the units in Step 3 contributed to the ease of assembling these units in this step. There is quite a bit of bias on the triangles we are working with in this step and the units are small so it can be tricky. I found that the video for cutting and the directions for piecing helped immensely.

Thank you Bonnie for your excellent directions!

Here is the link to the link up page for Easy Street - Part 3.

 quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-3.html

It is fascinating to see all of the interpretations of fabric choices everyone is using for their quilts. I hope you enjoy viewing everyone's progress as I have.




Easy Street has been so easy.  I couldn't resist making a second. The progress on this version is slower but I am pleased with the background print which will be a constant as is the grey.  I have all pieces cut for version two which promises to be as nice as version one!







3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am stretching it out by doing a second version. This has been one fun mystery thus far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you are starting a second one!

    It is fun to visit people all around the world who are working on the same project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your patches look fantastic. Clue 4 is nearly here – woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete