Thursday, August 22, 2013

What to do...

On a rainy afternoon ?  

With thunderstorms moving through the area, I thought it advisable to turn off all electronics.  We often have lightening strikes because of the water.  Seems to draw lightening like a magnet!

So I sat in the living room, overlooking the deck and the monsoon rains and perused my magazines and UFO's ( really NBO's since they are Not Begun Objects) or future quilts.  I found a pattern in a box of thirties prints that called for 2" strips.  This led me to the two inch strip drawer, the scrap fat quarter drawer and voila!

This is a Moda pattern I picked up at Cobblestone Quilts in Townsend Massachusetts.  The pattern cover shows it in thirties prints and that is why it was paired with the fabrics. 


But it looks good with a pairing from my "why did I buy that fat quarter?" stash which was in the fat quarters getting ready to be cut up into strips drawer.




Sometimes a few hours of play on a rainy afternoon can be good for the quilty soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment