Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 15, 2014 and The Endless Summer

At the risk of sounding like the weatherman, I am going to comment on the weather again today.

At 3:43 PM the temperature in my home town was 75 degrees Farenheit!  In Mid October!


I spent the afternoon with the windows and screen door open, trying to catch the breeze as I did a bit of sewing.  Once again, it was too breezy to stitch on the deck, so this arrangement was appropriate.

I did not accomplish as much as I had hoped to be able to do.  But anything finished is a good afternoon sewing, 75 degrees or not.

One tote bag completed.  

  


To "match" student Suzanne's creation from last week's open sew class on Friday.


Stop by and visit some afternoon during open sew.  You will be able to see my tote bag made from my decorator friend's last season's sample catalogues.  Remember the classroom is open to all sewers and their UFO's and assorted projects on Monday evenings and Thursday and Friday afternoons.

I also worked on a very wide strip set which will go into my Scrappy Bargello quilt.  This pattern is another freebie from Bonnie Hunter and can be found under the free patterns tab on her website at Quiltville.com. Not too much left to do on this quilt.

Until next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment