Saturday, November 22, 2014

On Retreat - Day Three - What We Are Doing

Also known as a show and tell of the projects going on at retreat.
Although this is not the official show and tell of retreat, you can see some of the projects going on here in Troy, New Hampshire this weekend.


Kathleen just finished this little wall hanging. 


Linda finished this lap sized quilt at 3 AM last night or more accurately this morning.  I took this picture at ten before I gave up for the night.


Another of Linda's creations without the final border, which I understand was left at home.


Nancy's paper pieced pattern, Raindrops, by Judy Niemeyer.  


A section of Nancy's project up close on the ironing board.


Marian has been working on this project, using her new Pfaff sewing machine and its various stitches.
I think this is the back


And this is the front.  It is the project where you have two fabric circles and batting and you sew the three pieces together.  At the very end the quilt is completely finished.  I know this was not a good description of the process and I can't remember the name of the project.  When I do I will let you know.


Mary has been working on her "Twirling Stars" quilt from the Kimberly Einmo workshop we took at "The Gathering" a few weeks ago.  The border took her a bit of time but the piece is now finished.

I pieced together five sections of my Scrappy Bargello. The last one,the sixth, is going the wrong way.  It will become the beginning of the next scrappy quilt. When I get home I will need to make one more section so the quilt will be the size I need.


Another view


I also Finished the final border of this "Blooming Nine Patch" which has been around for awhile.  Another UFO bites the dust.



Sewed a few sections of the newest Strip Twist



And have made two more scrappy blocks for a total of six thus far.


I am hoping to sew the final blue borders on this mystery quilt before 4 PM, but considering it is 3:58, I doubt that it will happen.



Four o'clock is time for cocktails and hor devours (or snacks since I don't think I spelled that correctly!)
I doubt that too much sewing will happen tonight!

One more day before retreat is over.  I still have so much more to do!

Ps. The view from my balcony window, Mount Monadnock in the late afternoon.


Have a great evening!











No comments:

Post a Comment