Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Fun on The Island

And a new temperature report!


It dropped a degree while I was trying to take the picture!

Well the season is progressing and the quilt projects are also progressing.

I just finished two pillows for P & B Textiles for the up coming Spring Market.  Don't know if I can show you, so I won't until I hear it is ok to do so.  But it has been fun working on these projects the last month or so.

In between, I have been sewing bindings on "Grand Illusion", this year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery, 



and this little blue number from almost ten years ago! 



 I am finally getting into the deep UFO Stash and beginning to clear out some things.

Of course I continue to add new projects.



Here is a picture of the newest scrappy block.  It is called "Idaho Square Dance" and is from Bonnie Hunter's Addicted to Scraps column in the May/June issue of Quiltmaker.  I want to make 49 blocks at least.  I haven't decided how to set them, but that is still a long way off since I only have 5 blocks done.


Also waiting for a few hours of sewing time are the following projects that need just a little more attention before they are complete.


Surf and Sand, a pattern from McCall's Quilting.


My project from Sue Pelland's which I took in April.

I am also waiting for a few continuous hours so I can sew some finished blocks together.


This group of blocks used 3 inch squares and is also being done in the 2 inch size. The three inch blocks are completed but I am still working on the two inch ones.


My blocks from a Ninigret workshop in April are waiting to be assembled into a quilt.


"Strip Twist" Blocks made from 2.5 inch strips.  This is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter and is found on her website under the free patterns tab.




Above are some lime green and black blocks made from "Trail's End", a pattern by Kathy from Candlelite Quilts.  They are waiting to be assembled into a quilt top.  Since they are already pinned into rows, what am I waiting for???

Well the temperature outside has now dropped to 76 degrees. But it is still a sunny day. Hopefully the allergies stay under control or I might not be doing any sewing, just sneezing and blowing my nose!

Until next time...
Happy Sewing and Creating
Louise who is looking the window watching spring unfold on the Island







No comments:

Post a Comment