Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Update

My postings have been sparse here in the blog, I know.  I have been involved in a sewing project for P & B Textiles so my personal sewing has taken a bit of a back seat these days.

But I can show you some of what has been going on between the stitching of the commissioned quilt .

Green and grey medallion from a pattern called "Somerset Quilt Block" that I found somewhere awhile ago.


The story behind this is as follows.  

While preparing scrappy green rectangles for a quilt, I cut the wrong size instead of the correct size (which I cannot remember just as I cannot remember which quilt they were being cut for!).  I now had almost two hundred 2" x 3" green rectangles, all the wrong size.

Well those rectangles sat in their cute little basket and were eventually paired with some other fabrics as I searched for a way to use them as cut.  At some point, I toyed with the idea of trimming them down to a two inch square or a 1.5 x 2.5 inch rectangle.  Both sizes are used in other ongoing or potential projects I have in the studio.



But I resisted.

Eventually I found the above named pattern and put the grouping together into a bag for a future sewing occasion.

Recently the occasion arose as I looked for something to put in between the lines of stitching that were taking place on the commissioned quilt.


The colors of both projects called out for similar threads to be used in the piecing (grey)


These are some of the fabrics being used.  They are from the "Bear Essentials II" line from P & B Textiles.  I am loving the teal and lime green fabric colors!

So there you have it.  My recent sewing activities explained.

Now to get back to work.

Louise in the Studio at Island Creations by Louise



No comments:

Post a Comment