Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Playing with Batiks

Today I am playing with a roll of batiks from Moda called "Calypso Batiks".
I have set up some nine patches.


And cut some strips 6 1/2 inches long by 2 1/2 wide for a scrappy piano keys border.


And another set of strips


There are other elements of this small-ish quilt that are already on the sewing machine.



The sun is currently shining brightly, (as you can see by the corner of the picture above), but snow is in the forecast by the end of the day. Right now the day holds promise.

However, as they say in the romance novels I often read, "Daylight is burning".  So I am taking advantage of the wonderful sunshine this morning and moving along with my cutting and sewing.  I hope to have much of this put together by nightfall.  I know, an ambitious goal!  Let's hope I can do it!

Louise from the island in the morning sunshine, appreciating the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment