I said to myself, "Self, it should take you a few minutes to put on this binding. After all it is only a tablerunner!"
So on to binding I went.
But as Murphy's law dictates, I was short.
Inches short, not a full fat quarter strip short. Just inches!
Since I did the binding properly, with mitered strips, I came up short.
If I had not mitered I would have made it, I think.
Here is the left overs from the binding miters.
I did calculate the perimeter of the tablerunner, and calculated the number of strips I would need from the fat quarter. I reduced the binding to two and a quarter inches so I could get eight strips from the fat quarter with only a little waste.
Thought briefly that I should straight edge sew the strips together, but said "Nope! Do it right, Louise"
So I did and came up short, by inches.
Oh well, my Saturday morning quick binding stretched out a bit longer than I had anticipated.
But now it is finished.
I think I will go and have some lunch.
Louise, at the shop binding and now lunching
Ps. The table runner pattern is the First Grade project from "Precut Primer" by Me and My Sister Designs. The book is available in the shop, Piecing with Poppers Quilting Center in West Greenwich, RI.