Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a Wednesday!

And what is so significant about that?
Nothing really!

Wednesday is usually a pretty open day for me, a day I can devote to paperwork, doing some household chores, blog writing and sewing!

I have done my paperwork for today, lined up my sewing projects, did a wash and cleaned the bathrooms and now on to the blog post.

But what to write about today?

There are no new projects happening.  You've seen all of the works in progress.  None of the WIP's have had anything added to them in the past week or so.  The past week has been full of activities relating to my guild's quilt show.

I am the vendor chair and organizer of all things cafeteria for the show, or so it seemed to me!

The show went well.  The vendors were happy, the quilters seemed happy and I am happy it is done!

But first, a few photos...


One view of the cafeteria and a line of vendors,


Part of "The Sewing Room"'s booth (They are in Exeter, RI),


A fairly long range view of the "Just Quilts" booth, (They are located in Bristol, RI)


Looking down past the tote bags from "Galilee Designs", to the quilts from "Six Gables Designs", towards the quilts displayed in the booth belonging to "Quilting with Poppers Quilting Center" from West Greenwich, RI.


A look one end of the basket raffle table towards the comfort quilts table.


A look down Basket Raffle "Alley" as I called it.


Another look at the other end of the basket raffle table and the comfort quilts on the left and "Bob's Featherweights" on the right. Most of Bob's machines are covered with the yellow drop cloths, but he has a wonderful selection of Featherweights and accessories for those machines.


A final look at the vendor booths, taken at 8:30 PM Friday night, just before I left for home.  Everything was set up nicely and ready for the 10 AM opening on Saturday, the first day of the show. A lot of hard work, but a wonderful time to see some lovely quilts, and of course to go shopping!

I also want to mention the other vendors who were present during the weekend.

Blaine's Sewig Machines from Cranston, RI, 
Kindred Quilters from Rhode Island
PatFergusonQuilts.com from Connecticut, 
Stitch Chicks from Connecticut, 
Easy Piecing from Brooklyn, New York, 
Michelle Polk, Jewelry, from Massachusetts, and 
Amelia's Garden, from Glenmont, New York

Each had unique merchandise for sale and everyone seemed to be pleased, both the show going buyers and the sellers, the vendors.

Well, now that the Narragansett Bay Quilter's Association 2016 Quilt Show, 40 and Fabulous, is complete, I can get back to sewing and creating.  If you got to the show this past weekend, I hope you enjoying seeing all of the quilts.  Many of the quilters have posted pictures of the quilts they enjoyed seeing and those that were entered into the show. I did not get more than a quick look at the quilts, so unfortunately, I have no pictures to share with you.  But I do know what I saw has inspired me to get back to work and designate pieces for the next quilt show.

Be looking for photos and posts on those quilts in the coming months.  It is time for to get back into the sharing of quilts at a show.

Have a great Wednesday!

Louise, on the island working on a Wednesday








No comments:

Post a Comment