Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday at the Machine

Sewing machine that is....


Working on "Carolina Chain" blocks this afternoon, a block from Bonnie Hunter's "Addicted to Scraps" column in Quiltmaker magazine.

A big pile of these five inch unfinished blocks have been completed.  I need to finish the rest!

When they are done, the next step is to deal with this stack.


Blocks for two different quilt tops are inter-mixed in this stack. 


These large blocks and 


These twelve inch blocks are in the stack.

 It is my way of keeping myself on track and focused.  

I think I have talked about this tendency of mine before where I will go off track when I get one or two blocks of a quilt completed and I therefore know how to sew the blocks together and it then becomes routine and monotonous. I get bored with doing the same block over and over. So I now inter-mix blocks from two or more quilts together into a stack and work on them little by little.  

Blocks construction may proceed a bit slower now, but I do see blocks for a top to completion these days.  In the past, I would usually set them aside and the project would then be quickly destined for the UFO stash.

Well back to sewing...

Louise, on the windy island, on a Monday afternoon, sewing in the hallway studio, in the sunshine






No comments:

Post a Comment