Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Classroom Happenings

Even though I have been out of commission, the students in the Open Sew at the classroom have been working hard.

Here are some pictures of what they have been up to recently.

Nancy's HAND PIECED grandmother's Flower Garden.  Designed by Nancy, she is now up to hand quilting this wonderful masterpiece.


Cindy is working on a Bruins quilt for her husband. Blocks are finished and she is sewing them into rows.  Maybe we will see the completed top next week.


Dottie has finished her nine attic window blocks and is now working on the setting and borders.
She hasn't decided on those fabrics yet.  I think she has to go shopping!


Marie has her center done on this stars and light houses quilt.  Borders are her next step.
This top is available as a quilt kit from Piecing with Poppers Quilting Center in West Greenwich, RI.


Lisa's table runner is almost complete.
From what I can see in the directions, it looks like she is ready to sandwich and quilt her creation.


I stopped in Monday night ready to sew up a storm.
Look what I got done between the talking and visiting!
It's tough when you have been away so long!


Okay, I got three blocks done and ten flying geese for another project that I forgot to take a picture of.

But it was still nice to visit and see everyone.

I think I am mended enough now to return to Open Sew.
More pictures will come in the future, since these girls really sew up a storm!

Louise, on the island, happy to be sewing and going to Open Sew again!








No comments:

Post a Comment