Monday, January 9, 2017

Quilt Retreat Withdrawal

After having spent the last three days totally immersed in my sewing, I am having quilt retreat withdrawal!  Yes I am sewing today in the comfort of my own home, 


But there is something to be said for the comraderie found when sewing with other Quilters.

It just isn't the same.

But on I sew.


Log cabin blocks which are the alternate to "Idaho Square Dance", blocks which are already completed.


Part 6 units for "En Provence"


Probably about one third finished.

The never ending (it seems) chevrons from "Celtic Solstice" 


And a few more "Garlic Knots" blocks, all stacked and ready to go!


They will be added to this pile of completed blocks. 


At this point I can't decide if I will stop at 64 blocks or continue on to make 80 blocks.  But that decision does not have to be made today.

I enjoy sewing these units and blocks together without thinking about the end product.  I know this approach isn't for most people, but it works for me and my at home sewing.  Little bits that eventually add up to something.

Oh, yes, by the way, can you tell that I am a Bonnie Hunter groupie?

Louise, sewing at home, while the wash runs and I recover from quilt retreat withdrawal 










2 comments:

  1. oh, Louise, those chevrons from Celtic Solstice have been going on and on and on and ...they will get done. Just eat the elephant one bite at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have six vertical rows of the needed eleven webbed for the "Celtic Solstice" top as of today. So you are right, one bite ( or in this case chevron) at a time!

    ReplyDelete