Friday, August 18, 2017

"Preppy the Whale"

UPDATE!!!
This post was originally written right after the completion of the "100 Blocks in 100 Days 2017" Instagram challenge. I think I was so caught up in the intensity of that challenge that I felt the need to get going on another one.

I have rethought that enthusiasm!

"Preppy the Whale" will get done, just not right now as an on going challenge.
That is reserved for the Tula Pink Butterfly Sew a Long and the Gypsy Wife Sew Along.
Each of those are in progress and each of those will get their own blog posts in the future.

Now on to the post originally scheduled to be seen by everyone on August 18, almost two weeks ago. 
Enjoy!


Another new project has come to the front of the planning page tonight.

"Preppy the Whale" by Elizabeth Hartman is being set up as a personal challenge and sew along.


Will you join me?

I have recently been sewing creatures from Elizabeth Hartman's "Awesome Ocean" pattern.


(The latest photo of my progress...)

The animals are fun to do.

Now that I have finished one whale 


and recently unearthed the Preppy the Whale pattern, I think I have another, new sew along begging to be started.

Digging around in the stash, I found this 75 piece grouping of ten inch squares of Denyse Schmidt solids from Free Spirit that I had purchased awhile ago.


Then in the same area, I found this zip-loc baggie filled with yardage of a blue that will be perfect for the background.  This fabric has always reminded me of seaweed for some reason or other.  Must be my imagination though.


(It is actually much bluer than this picture shows it to be.  Bad lighting tonight.)

And voila!

A new project is born..

Let's see how we do!

Louise, on the island, in the rain, planning again!

No comments:

Post a Comment