52 Finishes - 2015 Style!

In an effort to continue to whittle away the UFO pile, I will be continuing to chart my finishes in 2015.  The original thought was to finish one item a week, whether it was a quilt or quilted item or a knitted or crocheted item or a simple repair to an item of clothing!

I am hoping to be more successful with posting pictures of these items as I finish them this year. 

I hope you will visit to check out my progress!

If nothing is posted for awhile, why not give me a nudge through an e-mail or a comment.  Many times that kind of a nudge will be all it will take!

Is this cheating????


Binding on NBQA charity quilt completed on Sunday, December 28, 2014 (which is week ending January 3, 2015!)

New Additions!!!

 January 2015 finishes


Last week of the month finish 


Scrappy Bargello - last stitch of binding completed January 25th


Top completed this far on January 24th


Back from the long arm quilter on January 28


Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt top, a Bonnie Hunter mystery for 2014
Top completed with last border on January 24

Blooming Nine Patch - a picture of the completed top which is now a quilted piece ready for the binding to be added on tomorrow.
 
 
Some February finishes
 
 
A Layer Cake Quilt - I just love the fabrics in this collection.
 
 
"Maze" is a pattern from Windham Fabrics that I have modified slightly by not including the last two outer borders.  I made it with several charm packs from Quilting Treasures.
 
 
 
A fat quarter quilt made from a Villa Rosa pattern that I purchased, along with the fabrics, in Connecticut at Colchester Mills probably two or three years ago.  This top was finally finished this year!
 
March Finishes
 
 
A finally quilted top from a Deb Tucker class called "Millenium Star".  That might give a hint as to how old this top is!
 
June Finishes were for the June SIYOB (Sleep in Your Own Bed)

A modified version of a "Mile a Minute Quilt"  This one was from my bright scraps, not a jelly roll.
 
The quilt below was also for the SIYOB and was presented as an option for those who had already made a "Mile a Minute" Quilt.  It uses a jelly roll. 

 
The quilt below was a completed top, used as an example for a guild workshop done in June.

 
My go-to Table Runner finally completed for July in red, white and blue.

 
August Finish
 
The quilt that went to Australia!  I made some samples for P & B Textiles this year.  This one was made in August and shipped down under.  The logs of this Courthouse Steps quilt finished at one inch!
The pattern is still available on the P & B website, I think.

 
"Surf and Sand" was completed this summer.  It was a free download from Quiltmaker when I began to make it.  I believe it is now a download that you can purchase. 

 
The other samples for P&B Textiles.  Most of these pieces appeared in an ad that ran in the November/December 2015 issue of Quiltmaker magazine.  The items were made using the "Soft Dreams" line by P & B Textiles.

 
The pillows below were made using the Flannel Suedes line of P & B textiles.  I believe they appeared in an ad for Accuquilt dies, but I have never seen it in print thus far.

 
September and October Finishes
 
This quilt went to market in October and was made for P & B using their Washington Street Studios line called "Toy Chest Conversationals".  It is a thirties inspired line and is fun to use in those types of projects.  This pattern is my own and should be available sometimes in the spring.

 
The pillow below is an original pattern made with "Toy Chest Conversationals"
It was pretty simple to measure the pillow form, start with a center square, and add bands of fabric until the top is complete.


 
October and November Finishes

 
The one above was made with a batik jelly roll of color and a neutral batik jelly roll and followed a free pattern I found on the internet. Right now I cannot remember the pattern name or the site where I found it.  I probably shouldn't show it unless I can credit the source.  But since it was free...

 
Above is a Bonnie Hunter free pattern called Bricks and Stepping Stones.  This is my second one (the first was browns, greens and orange/golds)  Look for the third one in 2016 made with pinks and purples - it is already cut but is waiting it's turn in line as a "Leader and Ender".

 
Bug bottles, just a top thus far.  It had been waiting for its last border for years.


24 pictures have been posted of the many finishes completed this year.
There are more tops that have been finished but have not been photographed. 
There are at least 5 tops that have bindings that need to be finished.
Two tops have bindings that have to be triaged since there was not enough binding material to go around the entire quilt.
There are three very large quilt tops that need their bindings sewn on before they are hand finished.
And there are at least 5 tops that are either "webbed" and waiting for a few hours to be finished, as well as at least three sets of blocks waiting for another stretch of time AND a design wall/floor/bed or some other suitable surface that can be used to arrange the blocks.
  
Look for all these and more in 2016!
 
 
 
 
 

  


1 comment: