Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day 2015

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there!  As women, we all "mother" at one point in our lives. So even if you have not had children, I wish you Happy Mother's Day since I know you have mothered someone at some point in your life!        

Now on to projects in progress.


Today's binding is on a smallish quilt, more a wallhanging than quilt, that was done in a guild class in 2003!  Definitely from the deep UFO stash!


Just part of it, but you get the idea.  


A group of fabrics that are calling me to create.  There are at least 30 fat quarter, or bigger, pieces and several 3 to 5 inch strips in this group.  I think I have a pattern in mind, but do I REALLY need to start another project?  I will have to think about it!

Finally, the washing machine is on the fritz.  As a result, the groupings of fabric that were hiding by the washer came to light recently as I cleared space for the repairman to work.  There must be at least six potential projects hiding in this organized mess.  

  

Two more here . . .


And at least two more here.


I know the pictures are dark, but it is kind of embarrassing to find all this and realize I truly had forgotten about it.  I am usually better than that!

The question now becomes one of "where do they reside" until it is time for them to be made into a quilt?  I will ponder that as I look out at the changing view from the living room.

Another week or so and most of the pollen will have subsided enough so that the next pictures for seasons on the deck can come from the deck.  But for now another picture from the living room will have to suffice! The view is getting more obstructed each day as the trees continue to leaf out. Finally spring is truly here!



Have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment