Monday, November 21, 2016

The Latest Issue!

I subscribe to McCall's Quilting and the latest issue (January/February 2017) came today.


First of all, the quilt on the cover grabbed my interest ( you all know how I love piecing and stars!).
But when I was going through the pages and came to page 18, I almost fell out of my chair.

A FREE e-book called "Tales of Ireland" totally has me fascinated.  


Now I am not Irish by a long shot, but the techniques for the blocks have got me hooked.  
Crumb pieced hearts, Celtic knots, clover Applique, clamshells, hexagons, and several pieced blocks will give a quilter, who loves sampler quilts, plenty to do.  

So I make a green quilt while I refresh my skills.  There must be green in my ancestral lands and maybe a bit of Irish in me somewhere!

I urge you to go to McCallsquilting.com and check out this free e-book. Whether you are a seasoned quilter or one who is new to the craft, I know you will enjoy the challenge of this sampler quilt's various techniques.

And no, I did not get a stipend for this plug! I truly was enamored of the various techniques, although I may have to do something different with the final layout of the quilt.

Louise, on the island planning her next (sampler) quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment