Monday, April 3, 2017

I missed all of March!

It is now April. Time to catch up with you and let you know what is going on here on the island and elsewhere.
No big things to report. Health is good (knock on wood!). A family loss that set me back a bit and oh, yes, the snow!
But April is here and the sun is shining. Time to take advantage of spring in the northeast.


Finally the crocus plants are blooming! 
(Notice how I worked around the plural of crocus. Is it crocuses or croci? Spell check and autocorrect say crocuses and change croci to crock. I have never been able to figure that one out. Suppose I should consult a dictionary, huh?)

I was fairly sewed out when I finished "Idaho Square Dance".
It is shown here as a corner on the right and then as the whole top on the left.  It is now at the long arm quilter's studio waiting its turn.

I finally got the borders on this top. It was made in a class with Kimberly Einmo a few years ago. Sorry I took the picture a bit too close to show the green print border going all around.  It is not too big, a wallhanging size. I feels nice to get this one done!


Most of March consisted of working on "Idaho Square Dance" as I said previously. But I did manage to complete these two table runners which used a charm pack from the Moda line called "Plush". It always amazes me how the fabric companies will combine diverse color ways in order to get to the required 42 pieces for a charm pack of five inch squares.

The pattern for this is found in the book "The Big Book of Table Toppers" from The Patchwork Place.
For those who are local,  I think Sharon still has some copies in the store.


This is the next table runner on the docket.  It will be for my sister who has always liked this daffodil fabric.  I am hoping to work on this today.


A bit of binding has happened ...


Sorry about the dark picture!

A bit of snow has happened ...


But the birds are still flying 


And remind us all that even through adversity, life goes on.

I always loved this photo and my friend Pam reposted it recently.


Yes, Spring is peeking around the corner.

Life goes on...

RIP Steve. You are missed.

Louise, on the island waiting for spring










 


No comments:

Post a Comment