Monday, June 4, 2012

The Sashing

Sometimes sashing rules your life.  I never realized when I cut the pieces way back when that the individual pieces would need to match up in size to something else.  Now I know they do and really if I had thought about it, I would have realized that the strips were cut a shade too large when I began to sew the strip sets together this week.  Well now I have 71 nicely pieced sashings that are all 1/4 inch too big.  What to do??? Trim all 71 down?  Fudge the seams as I sew them to the blocks? 

I have made my decision but that cutting will wait for another day.  As you can see the blocks will come out very nicely when they are sewn.  Like those red cornerstones!  Can't wait to sew these together!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are making progress on your UFO's

    ReplyDelete