Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday in the Studio Classroom

This posting is a quick show and tell about the activities in the studio classroom today.

Suzanne's tote bag was completed and she began working on the binding of her Log Cabin quilt.
You've already seen Suzanne's tote bag but here it is again.


Somehow I did not get picture of her quilt!  It is awesome and is her first effort!  I will get a picture the next time I see Suzanne.

Marie's quilt, a modified version of a pattern by Sharon Mayers of Piecing with Poppers.


It is a queen sized quilt that Marie made during several Open Sew sessions.  This is the second quilt Marie has made.  It is much brighter than the picture is showing.  We had a difficult time finding a place in the classroom with good light for a full picture of this very large quilt.

Finally, on the design wall...


"Pineapple Blossom", a free pattern by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com. The border still needs to be completed on the right and bottom.  I am just so pleased with how it is going that I couldn't wait to share!  Thanks to Sue for putting this up on the design wall while I assisted Marie with her tree skirt snd Suzanne with her tote bag.

A great session today at the studio and classroom at the Piecing with Popper's Quilting Center where I have my quilting studio and teach Open Sew classes on Thursday and Friday afternoons and Monday evenings.

Have a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment