Thursday, April 28, 2016

A New Pattern

I have been trying to design and write patterns that are easy and fun to do.

The latest one uses a layer cake, or 42 ten inch squares, and a corresponding charm pack, or 42 5 inch squares.

This afternoon I scribbled.  I am still mostly old school with my patterns. And the process of working out the requirements and steps is fun for me to do. I know most of you probably think it am crazy but it is a process I do enjoy. I do use EQ7 at times, but paper and pencil are still my friends.

The result this afternoon.


You probably can't tell but there are 42 blocks in this photo that need to pressed and squared tomorrow before being pieced into a top.

Here is one block.


I am using the "Good Karma" line by Stephanie Ryan for Moda. I purchased it this weekend at the quilt show from Barbara of Six Gable Designs.

Stay tuned for more about this project.

Louise, on the island planning, scribbling and sewing



No comments:

Post a Comment