Thursday, October 11, 2012

Decisions

I have made a decision. I have finally given into understanding the reality of my quilting world, I feel a sense of peace and accomplishment. I have decided to understand and accept that I like to create tops or "summer quilts" as my DH calls them. I can quilt the smaller items in the 45 x 60 range as well as table runners and other small items. But I am never going to finish all of the larger tops I have made and those I will make in the future. So do I stop making the larger items so things get finished? No, I have decided to continue to piece whatever I desire and then send out the larger pieces to be professionally quilted. Maybe someday I will have a long arm quilting machine at my disposal. But until that day comes, I will continue to pay someone to turn my "summer quilts" into "winter quilts".

PS.  This post should have been posted awhile ago.  But I was going to add pictures of the pile of "summer quilts".  Well I got distracted that day and now the pile has been somewhat dispersed into piles of tops hidden all over the house.  I have now decided to just post this without a picture.  If you have been reading my posts for any length of time, you know that there are many UFO quilts (ie quilt tops) in my home as well as pinned and ready to be quilted items.  So I am sure you can use your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment