Saturday, October 20, 2012

Super Saturday...

...weather and taming the stash.

The temperature is in the low 70's and it is October 20.  I think the average high temperature for today is usually in the 60's somewhere.  So I have the doors open again and the house feels wonderful.  DH and half of the neghborhood is outside picking up leaves in the noisiest way possible.  No one uses a plain old rake anymore it seems.  Notice the magnolia tree is now leaf free.

This afternoon will be spent doing the usually Saturday afternoon chores but with quilt cam on the horizon for 2 PM Eastern, there will be some sewing and quilt related activities thrown in. 

I just cleaned off the dining room table to see which pile of cutting will get done first.  Then I will go upstairs to tackle the sewing stacked next to the machine.  The last thing will be to do a bit of pressing of sewn pieces and then back to cutting what has just been sewn.

 
Left over fabric from other projects to cut.


Two smallish wall hangings to organize for piecing later.

 
My leader and ender project (windmills) on the right.  All of the cheddar background is cut.  The windmill pieces will be cut as I cut up the leftover pieces from other projects.  On the left is one of those stack the 9 fabrics, cut into a wonky 9 patch, rearrange the pieces and sew the 9 blocks together, projects.  I already have two stacks of 9 blocks made, but could never manage to finish the rest. 
This UFO's time has come!

 
Under the brown piece on the left are 4 or 5 blocks to cut in order to finish two different block of the month quilts I started years ago. 
The brown fabric indicates how long ago....
Another UFO that needs to be done.
 
This week has been busy with my church, volunteering to help with Bazaar preparations.  Now that is over I can get back to taming the stashes - of fabric and UFO Projects.

I am looking forward to taming the table on this Super Saturday of weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment