Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Midnight Flight

Ok, I am going to whine. Just thought I would prepare you!

I have been looking at Quiltmaker's Block Party which is coming up in March 2013 in Portland, Oregon. Since I was not able to go the the Williamsburg Block Party this past summer I thought I would try for Oregon. You know, nice city, great activity (quilting), great teachers (Bonnie Hunter, Jo Morton just to name two of them).

But when I started to price it out! OMG!!!

The fabric I could buy for that money! The flights alone! This was not going to happen!

So I continued to dream and printed out every teachers' supply list for a class I was interested in taking IF I were to go. I looked more closely at Bonnie's offerings. I decided to try to make my own "Block Party".

Midnight Flight appealed tonight so this is the first and maybe only block to make me feel better for not going to Oregon in the spring.

The block is fairly easy and is reminiscent of my doing "Orca Bay" in that there are small elements which fit together to make an 88 piece twelve inch block. As you can see in the picture, not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

This could be a new quilt while I wait for the next project to present itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment