Sunday, September 30, 2012

Barrister's Block Blog Sow-A-Long

Say that five times fast!

My first three blocks. Numbers four and five (Contrary Wife and Big Dipper) are ready to be pieced tonight. To my surprise these blocks are coming out to measure 6.5 inches. I usually doubt my ability to make blocks this size and smaller. But if you piece precisely and measure, measure, measure, it seems as if you can be successful.

I am looking forward to making more of these smaller blocks from "The Farmer's Wife" Series.
 
Basketweave
 
 
This and That (Not sewn together yet - looks better this way!)
 


Ok not so good on the first block - Gentlemen's Fancy - two good sides and too sides need a little TLC!  The picture is gone from the blog and even though the block measured 6.5", the block is in the repair pile.  The points need to meet a little bit closer on one side than it did.  Only when I took the picture did I realize how terrible it looked!

See what I mean about tiny blocks and in my world 6" is SMALL!!!

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment